Saturday 11 August 2012

Rant!

Today I'm taking the opportunity to have a bit of a rant about unsolicited calls! Despite the fact that we've subscribed to that facility where you're not supposed to get these calls-we get them all the time. I especially hate the ones where you pick up the phone and there's no-one there. Apparently these companies dial several numbers at a time and speak to the first person that answers. Meanwhile I've run down the stairs or even worse hurried things along in the little room (if you know what I mean) for nothing! These same companies usually have the cheek to say on their 'call waiting' messages-"please do not hang up as your call is important to us". I think not or if it is they have a funny way of making you feel important. What's really bizarre is that when you try to phone them back they have usually withheld their number. Do they want to speak to me or not! Mind you it's even worse if you are 'lucky' enough to be the first to answer. Keeping in mind the fact that they called you in the first place and you never asked them too, they will not take no for an answer.

It's got to the point where I never answer my phone at home. I let the answering machine get it and if they leave a messge, which they never do, I'll call them back. My friends and family now say "we know you're there so pick up"! Which is a bit embarassing for them when I'm not. I know that companies need to advertise and sell their products. But why must I feel hunted in my own home. If I want something I can go on the internet or look in the yellow pages! I realise that this is one of the downsides to modern communications. But please, please, please can I be left in peace in my own home!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end.

Flashmob Granny

No comments :

Post a Comment