Thursday 23 August 2012

Wow

I wasn't going to do a blog today as after all the excitement of the Scarecrow Festival and the Abba day I thought that anything I had to say would be so boring. Today started off normal enough. I got up, had a bath and breakfast, got dressed and decided to do some housework. After dusting, hoovering and joy of joys, shopping at Sainsburys I settled down for a night in front of the telly. Just as Eastenders theme music began to play I decided to check my emails. I don't know what prompted this as I wasn't really expecting to receive anything particularily exciting.

Well was I in for a surprise! In a previous blog I mentioned that I had been lucky enough to be involved with filming a tv programme with Lynda Bellingham. When I checked my emails tonight her assistant, Hannah had copied me in on an email sent to the director at Cogges to say that the programme featuring Cogges is going to be aired on ITV1 on September the 12th. She included a couple of photographs that had been taken on the day and I'm in one of them. When I started my new beginnings I definately didn't expect to end up on telly lol.

But on that note, now might be the time to share how it all started. In 2006 I gave up work for health reasons. Over the next few years I became a bit of a couch potato and during this time I got hooked on Loose Women. Watching it made me feel connected to the world in a funny sort of way. About 3 years ago they ran a competition where the prize was the chance to become a Loose Women for a week. Well of course I entered! Sadly not only did I not win, but I didn't even reach the short list of finalists. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I was absolutely devasted! Even I knew that my reaction to this was completely out of proportion. However, it made me realise that my life was going nowhere and that I needed to make some changes. Hence the new beginnings.

On the day of filming with Lynda at Cogges I actually told her that story. I know how embarrasing! But actually she was lovely. She told me that she thought it was very important for women in later life to do something that defined them other than simply being wives and mothers and shared with me something that she herself was doing to stretch itself- but it's a secret. If I told you I woukd feel like I'm betraying her, my new best friend lol!

So I hope that you will tune in to see me make a fool of myself on national tv on September the 12th, if I haven't been edited out that is. Goodness knows what tomorrow might bring hee hee. Meanwhile here's a photo to prove that this blog is not a complete fabrication.


Flashmob Granny.

No comments :

Post a Comment