Friday 26 October 2012



This picture was shared on fb by one of my fellow 'Lupies'. I've now made this my new motto! If only I'd come across this earlier what a lot of stress and guilt I could have saved myself! Expecting too much of ourselves is part of a woman's psyche or so we are led to believe. But is this true or just something made up by men so we feel the need to do everything. Or, is it one of those things that one woman first said and the rest of us have been too ashamed to speak up and admit that we can't do everything or even worse, don't want to!

It's not a case of being lazy, it's just simple mathematics. There are only 24 hours in a day,I am only 1 woman and there are a million things that seem to need to be done in a day! Perhaps the reason I didn't get this before is because I was never very good at maths.

There are of course some women out there who have boundless energy and enjoy the buzz of being able to do it all. I'm not now, nor ever have been, one of them. I have one particular friend who is always very busy, she even talks very fast as if she doesn't have time to speak! I often feel quite exhausted just listening to everything that she is doing. I used to beat myself up about it all the time, despite the fact that I live with Lupus a condition that, at the very least makes me tire easily and I know that there are many other women out there living with similar conditions. Even after going through childbirth, which although amazing, is still pretty knackering for a lot of us, we still expect too much of ourselves.

If we take the time to look at those around us, we see that we are all different. Our eyes are different shapes and colours as are our bodies. Mind you I wouldn't complain if all women were automatically born with and could easily maintain, a supermodel figure! Not to mention a world of Brad Pitts or George Clooneys, but I digress! We're not all the same physically so why should we expect to be able to do everything? As long as we are trying our best I reckon that's ok. If, as the picture above says, we all do the best we can with what we have, I personally think the world will be a happier place.

Here endeth today's lesson lol!



.

1 comment :

  1. Completely agree! Our shared dance teacher got me onto Louise Hay who also preaches this message - I've got her audiobook 'The Power Is Within You' and it's brilliant. We, and everyone around, are doing the best we can with the tools and knowledge we have in any moment, and we should congratulate ourselves for that!

    ReplyDelete